Customizing and creating journaling cards using the OVER app

7/28/2016

hAPPy Thursday!  This week I am bringing you two videos that will show you how to use the OVER app to create your own journaling card using a .png file, and how to alter an existing card.  There are a variety of ways to take an existing journaling card and make it "your own", but this is just one simple way.  I hope you enjoy the videos.



This first video is a very basic, simple card using a solid color and a .png file.  Both .png files are from Ali Edwards.  I keep all my creative files in dropbox.  I like using Over to add .png files, because I don't have to add them in to the app, and the Over app will automatically pull all my .png files I have saved in my camera roll in to one spot within the APP.  I talk about this more in the first video.  I generally only keep .png files I am currently working with on my camera roll and once I am done, I delete them.  I can always go back in to dropbox and add them back as needed in the future.






The second video will show how I have taken a pre-existing journaling card and made it my own using a few tricks.  You will see how I use the "Blend tool".  The journaling card I am using in the video was taken from the "Capture Life" set of cards within the Project Life® App.  I used the collage portion of the app, and saved the card to my camera roll.

After you have created your journaling cards, you can save then to your camera roll, and use them again in the PL app, or you can print them out, like I did.  I still like to slide my photos, and cards in to pockets, and this gives me a little more versatility when using both my physical supplies and digital supplies.  At some point, I will share my process of how I use the PL app as a design aid, my editing process, and how I print my photos.  I have changed how I do things considerably since last year, and rarely use my computer to do anything for memory keeping, unless it involves using my Silhouette




I hope if you are a beginner to OVER and an "APP SCRAPPER" that you are finding these videos helpful.  Please let me know if there is anything specific you would like to see by leaving a comment.
Thanks for stopping by!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Great video, thanks for doing these. The step by step is awesome. I didn't know the over app did so much, makes me want to export cards and play with the shapes in them. So actually just showing what you are doing is very helpful to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I just found your blog, and your videos are amazing! I had a question though - I was trying to follow along with your video on changing the color of a PNG and I can't seem to find the option to change the color of the PNG file once I import it (I have the same file you used in the video). Mine imports at 100% opacity, but I cant seem to find how to change the color. The only options I have on the bottom of the app are size, opacity, rotate and nudge. Am I doing something wrong? I"m new to Over, so I"m not terribly familiar with it, but I've already learned a lot. Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kris,
      Some of the tools in OVER need to be activated. I can't remember how many are FREE, but some require an additional fee. It's well worth it to have all the tools available. Click on the little store window icon in the upper right of the screen. Scroll down till you see "Add-Ons", and then look for the TOOLS section. You can then swipe left on the section to see which tools are active and which aren't. I hope this helps! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook