January 2015 mini album Project Life

6/04/2015

I challenged myself this year to use my scrapbook tools and use up supplies in my stash.  I have a bad habit of going out and buying lots of crafting goodness, and then not using it, or only using some of it and then the rest just sits there.

I have owned a Zutter Bind-it-all for quite a few years.  I think I may have used it once to make a few calendars to give as Christmas presents many YEARS ago.  I honestly don't think I have used it in over eight years.  Hard to believe I have had it that long!

I also love the Project Life concept and if you have read some of my previous posts, it has been a struggle for me to find a "process" that works for me.  I find the 12x12 albums are just too big for me to work with.  I tried 8.5 x 11 using smaller page protectors, but that became a little too much time wise because I was trimming almost every photo and journaling card.

I was looking for a way to use up some of the page protectors I have been collecting.  I have a pile from various sources, Becky Higgins, Simple Stories, Heidi Swapp, etc.

I have been following Stephanie Bryan on instagram and I LOVE her mini albums she has been making this year.  She has really inspired me to give it a go.  You can find her creations at Stephaniemakes, and also in the galleries at Studio Calico.

I decided to try my hand at a mini album.  I chose an album size that would accommodate some of the 6x8 page protectors that I have in my stash.  I created the album covers from cereal box chipboard.  I cut two pieces for the front and two pieces the back and glued them together using mod podge.  I set a glass cutting mat on top while they were drying to keep them flat. I cut each piece to measure 7 1/4 x 9 1/8 inches.  This gave me enough space to have a little room for the cover to hang over whatever I placed in to the inside of the album.

I used my stash of Studio Calico journaling cards to fill out most of the spaces where I didn't want to put photos, and I also used some Heidi Swapp products as well.












I really had fun making it and I am glad that these photos are off my phone/computer and in to an album.  I am planning on doing this for each month.  I have already decided on some things I will do different when planning how it goes together.  I am excited to work on the next month and hopefully catch up with my photos for this year. 

Thanks for stopping by, :)


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook