Watercolor resist card

5/14/2015

I am sending out some 5x7 pictures of my daughter's school pictures and I decided to create some cards to mail them in.  I am really loving using watercolor as a medium lately and one of my favorite techniques is to create a resist and wash the watercolor over it.


This was super easy.  I had some Iridescent Ice Stampin' Emboss powder in my stash and used that instead of plain white to add a little "sparkle" to my card.  The HELLO stamp I used is from one of my Studio Calico Project Life Kits. To create the resist, I stamped the image using Versamark ink and sprinkled some of the embossing powder over and removed the excess, and used my heat tool to set the embossing.  

My watercolor set is by Artist Loft and I picked it up at Micheal's.  I really like it because it is fairly priced and the watercolors have decent pigments, so they don't wash out or brown up.  I tried the ombre effect and I am pretty please with how it turned out.

You can also use a white crayon as a resist if you would like to try out this technique and you don't have stamps, or embossing powders.  

Have fun!!





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook