Embossing folder white crayon resist and watercolor to create fun backgrounds

4/23/2015

I want to share a fun, new way to get more out of your embossing folders.  I have quite a collection and I don't use them very often for embossing.  I remembered as a child I had "fashion plates" and I thought I could do something similar.  I tried it out and it worked very well.  


Here is an example:

I love the way it looks with watercolor and I like the fact that is isn't a perfect resist.  All you need is an embossing folder with a pattern of your choice, some white cardstock, a white crayon (the bigger the better) and some watercolors.


Open the embossing folder and place your cardstock in the orientation you desire.  I used and entire 8.5 x 11 piece of white cardstock because it is easier to hold on to.  Push down firmly with your crayon on it's side and go back and forth a few times.


Once you have covered the desired area with the white crayon, lightly wash the watercolor across the top of the paper.  You will see it resist.  You can go over it a few times, but don't over do it.  



I cut mine out with a 3x4 die from the Becky Higgins Project Life die cut set that I picked up a while ago.  I then added some stamped images from the "Click" stamp set from Ali Edwards.  I colored the heart in with more watercolor.


I used my Big Shot to cut the shape with the die.




Finished card.


I used the exact same technique for both cards, but I love how the result is a little different.  I also tried this technique with STENCILS, and YES it does work.

Thanks for stopping by!











You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook