Happy, Happy, Happy

3/19/2015

Happy Thursday!  I am so excited to share this layout with you.  I am currently enrolled in the COLOR THEORY class over at STUDIO CALICO.  I am really enjoying the class and I am learning more than just how to use color on a layout.  I love the techniques, as some of them are new to me and I definitely wanted to try out new things creatively this year.




I really love how it turned out.  All I knew when  I started working on this layout was that I wanted to use the color yellow and the picture of my daughter, Kylie.  I think the layout speaks for itself, so I did not add any journaling.  She took a selfie and she just looks so happy.  It's hard to see in the picture, but the sun's rays were falling over the front of her face.  It was the perfect picture to use.  The cut files were designed by Wilna Furstenberg at iHeartstudio, and were part of the downloads for the COLOR THEORY class.  

I used my Silhouette SD to cut out the cut files.  I am glad it still works and that I have a decent cutting mat for it.  I haven't used my Silhouette in a long time and I have been itching to use it again!

To create the background, I mixed Mustard Color Shine with some Clear Magic Medium.  Magic Medium is initially to be used as a resist, but for the purpose of my layout, I used it as a thickener to paint the color shine on the background.  It really does shine in the light!  I added a few drops here and there of the Mustard Color Shine for some added "POP" of color.  I painted the "happy, happy, happy" with a mixture of soft gel and Mustard Color Shine.  It wasn't as thick as I was hoping for, but I kind of like the ombre effect on the title.  I added embellishments from my stash of Heidi Swapp and Studio Calico.

The white paper is Strathmore 300 series Mixed Media paper.  I buy the 11x14 size books at Micheals and cut according to whatever size I need.  I find this type of paper holds up much better than regular cardstock.

In addition to the fun class I am taking at STUDIO CALICO, I am also a member at BIG PICTURE CLASSES.  They currently have a free trial and I highly encourage you to take advantage of it!  There are so many amazing and cool classes being offered.  



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook