Happy New Year and Welcome 2015!!

1/06/2015

I realize I have not posted on this blog in well over a year, but this past year was really crazy.  The first half of the year was spent preparing for a cross country move from the west coast to the east coast.  The second half was spent settling in and we are still not completely settled!

I am going to try to keep this post short and sweet, but I wanted to talk about some of the things I am doing creatively this year.  I love taking pictures and I LOVE memory keeping in all its different forms.  This year I am focusing on three different styles, with some random projects of my own thrown in every now and then.

Last year I participated in the One Little Word workshop offered by Ali Edwards.  I decided to do it again this year.  I fell a little behind at the end of the year, but I really did get a lot out of the class.  I'll blog more about that once I start working on the prompts for January.

I also plan on keeping up with Project Life as I think I have finally found a system that will work for me.

I love, love, LOVE Heidi Swapp and all her fabulous products.  Last year she came out with a memory planner.  I had fun filling it out, but just couldn't keep up.  I was excited to see that she was offering a class called "Capture30" at BIGPICTURCLASSES.  I signed up for it and I am loving it!! If you would like to know more about it, just click on the highlighted link above.

There are a few planners that will be available, but I picked up the limited edition Gold album planner that was a boxed kit for sale at Micheals right before Christmas.  I am making it work for me and I am loving how it is turning out so far.

Here are a few pictures of my memory planner so far:


Monthly overview spread.  I added my One Little Word for the Year at the top "RENEW"


One of the prompts for the capture30 class was to take a selfie, I added mine toward the front of my planner, along with an envelope with 15 things about myself.


Another fun assignment.  A list of things to focus on for the year.


The GOLD binder is compatible with 6x8 page protectors, but I actually cut a larger one down to size and added some washi tape around the edges to add my "WORK IN PROGRESS" envelope to my planner.


Another fun prompt was to find a quote, or print the one provided.  I found this quote and created it in photoshop and printed it out on to a transparency.  I layered a piece of paper from the Sugar Chic paper pad.  This is in the very front of my planner.


I really want to write down "just one little thing every day" and this planner allows me to do that.  The spaces are also big enough to add small instagram photos and add whatever else you might want. Lists, notes, stamping, ephemera!



I did add a 6x8 page protector with some of my favorite pictures from the first week and also the dare to dream flowchart that was provided in the Capture30 class. 


In addition to pictures, I have also added some quotes that I come across that I like.


This is another prompt.  Create a list of  top five "to do's" everyday.  I attached it to my planner using the extra piece of paper from the quote from above.  I am really loving how this is coming together.

The best thing is, you can use ANY planner with this class!!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook