New Year, New direction......still stamping

1/26/2014

There is so much happening this year that I decided to give up being a Close to My Heart demonstrator.  I really love the products, but I love many other products out there as well.  I am getting comfortable with mixing and matching and I am loving how everything is turning out.

I have been attempting project life for a number of years and I could never find a system that worked for me enough to get me to finish a year.  This year, I believe I FINALLY have found a decent system.  I will blog more about that in my next post, but for now, I just want to share with you a few of the things I have going on, both personally and creatively.

A few new things.  I may have mentioned I was going back to school for Graphic Design. I was to start in January and I had started on two of my classes, but the VA had not processed my Certificate of Eligibility in order for the school to apply it to my award letter.  That, in conjunction with the fact that we will be moving from San Diego, CA to Jacksonville, NC over the summer, I decided to withdraw until the fall.  The school I chose enrolls during the summer and there is no "opt-out".  I decided it would be much easier on everyone if I held off until we were settled in.  Those are the two biggest things happening personally.  I am so excited to be moving back east!  Although the weather in San Diego is lovely, I miss my east coast family from Pennsylvania.  I will be able to visit a little more often and they can also visit us.

Moving on to where I am at in the realm of creativity.  I love, love, love the new "Hello today" line of products from Heidi Swapp.  I love that she has added a line of stamps and ink.  The more I use them, the more I love them!!  There is also a "Memory Planner".  This is the coolest planner I have ever seen and all the products in the "Hello Today" line are meant to coordinate with it.  I will share with you some of the pictures of the goodies I have found at Micheals.  Yes, Micheals Arts and Crafts is the only place to find these creative goodies!


First Haul


Second Haul


Third Haul
(I realized I had bought two Teal and of course went back and exchanged a Teal for Mint)


A better view of the Heidi Swapp stamps.  The Pennant and Thought Bubble stamps come with a coordinating metal die for easy cut outs.


I added a few things to the cover of my memory planner.


I was just getting started filling things in.  The idea is to write down one thing everyday, but I thought it would be cool to add a few small photos every so often.  I'll post a pic at the end of the month, so you can see the finished page and how I filled in the rest of the pages.

Before I move on, I just want to let you know that you can follow me on instagram.  I do post many of my creative projects before I write up my blog posts.  You can follow me HERE.  Of course, you will also see pictures of my family and other things I am interested in, or any other craft I may be working on.

Because I really want to keep up with memory keeping this year and try out new products (that I probably would not buy if I was in the store), I decided to sign up for Studio Calico's monthly project life kit club.  I am loving that also.  Here is a picture of some of the contents I received in this month's kit:


In addition, I purchased the Honey Editon.  I really like the colors in that kit and they blend well with other products I already own.


After I finally decided on an approach for Project Life this year, I printed my pictures out and started working.  I got the cover and my first two pages done.


This is my cover page.  I adjusted it slightly from the Layout provided in the honey edition and I may at some point add a family picture to one of the spaces.


This is my first page.  I like the concept of making mini layouts and I am keeping all my photos the same size, unless I have one that I really want to highlight.  I am trying to keep the "spread" consistent with color choices so there will be a flow from one page to the next, but I am not concerned about consistency across every page of the album.  I am also attempting to include my own hand writing as part of the process.  I am not a fan and I know it needs work, but it saves so much time writing, rather than typing on the computer and then trying to line it up and print it out.  I am sure as the year progresses my writing will become more uniform.


This is my second page.  I really like how they turned out.  I am not concerned with keeping the picture grouped by week either.   I am using the Project Life tabbed dividers to separate everything by month.  I might have more, or less, than eight pages per month and I am totally okay with that.  Some days, I don't take pictures (this is what my memory planner is for) and some days I take a handful.  I am excited to see how it will look at the end of the year!!










You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook