Thanksgiving turkey centerpiece - CTMH Huntington paperpack

10/02/2013

Isn't this centerpiece for Thanksgiving just so cute!!??


I had the small flower vase in my stash of vases.  I don't think I ever throw one away when my husband gets me flowers already in a vase, :)

If you are familiar with the CTMH Cricut Artbooking cartridge, you may recognize the tail feathers.  I used the surfboard images on page 53.


I used Cricut Craft Room to arrange the surfboard in a pattern that resembled turkey tail feathers.   I placed the surfboard design overlay over the surfboards and using the Hide/Contour feature deselected all but the top two cuts.  I created to separate layers because I wanted to use different B&T papers.  I used papers from the Huntington paper pack.


For the head of the turkey, I found a duck shape on the cricut basics available in the Cricut Craft Room.  I tweaked the beak of the duck slightly by adding a rectangle so the head/beak would not have to much of a curve.  It probably was not necessary, but it just looked better to me.  I cut out two duck heads and scored a line and folded what would have been the duck body back.  I adhered the pieces together and used the flaps to attach it to the vase.  I free cut two small pieces from red cardstock for the "wobble" and added them to the turkey's head.

The flowers were made by hand.  I punched eight pieces using about a 2 3/8" scallop punch and inked the edges with my color of choice.  I spritzed them with water, scrunched them up, then opened each piece back up and layered one on top of the other.  I punched a hole in the center using my Big Bite and used a brad to hold them together, then folded all the pieces in toward the center and pushed out again until the flower was the size of choice.  My upline, Mandy Leahy has a great video on how to make these flowers.  They were so easy! I completed the whole project in less than a day, :)

I had some cloth covered floral wire laying around and used a hot glue gun to attach the flowers to the floral wire.  I shaped the ends of the wire in to a "U" shape to give the flower something to hold on to.

I just love how it turned out, :)








You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook