Damask Divas November Blog Hop - Huntington Paper pack

10/31/2013

Welcome to this month's Damask Diva's blog hop!
This month we are featuring the Huntington paper pack.  This paper pack is perfect for your fall themed scrapbook layouts and decor projects!



If you came from theleafstudio, you are in the right place.  If you have jumped here and just discovered our blog hop, feel free to check the list at Damask Divas blog to find the complete list of blog hop participants.


I chose to create a cute home decor project for Thanksgiving.  Using a template I created in Photoshop Elements, I made a total of ten 2 inch x 2 inch square boxes.  Kind of like decorating pieces of wood blocks, but I didn't have time to run out and cut pieces of a 2x4, so I decided to make mine out of paper.

Before I created my template in PSE, I sat down with a ruler and a piece of blank paper to figure out my dimensions and how it would fold together and where I would place my tabs.  I never thought the mechanical drawing class I took in highschool shop class would come in handy, but it did, LOL.

I used PSE to build my template and saved it as a .jpeg so I could print it out on to my cardstock.  I cut my 12x12 pieces to fit my printer, which only takes 8.5x11 size paper.  Someday, I may invest in a large format printer, but for now, this works fine for me, :)

I cut out my boxes and scored on the lines to be folded.  I used Liquid Glass to adhere the flaps and sides together.  I cut my pieces of Huntington B&T paper to be a 1 15/16"  x 1 15/16" square.  I did this so I would have a little edge of the cardstock color as a border around my B&T paper.

For the embellishments on each little block, I used a few different stamp sets.  I used the Petite Perks "A Touch of Fall" incentive set, the "Perfect Fit - Thankgsiving" set, the "Fall Harvest" stamp set and I even also used some of the circles from the "Perfect Fit - Holidays" set.

I used the Cricut CTMH Artbooking cartridge to cut out the letters to spell out "thankful".













With a new month, comes a new Stamp of the Month.  
November's stamp of the month is "Illuminate".




Don't forget the "Holidays from the Heart" products!  Lots of kits to make gift items.  Be sure to check it out!


I hope you have enjoyed this month's Damask Diva's blog hop featuring the Huntington paper pack!
The next blog on the list is digizinesbyterri.  If you get lost, just hop on over to Damask Divas for the full list.”  

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Very unique idea on aking your own blocks. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a great idea! I think we have a cube cut on one of the cartridges, so that would be a great project! Love all the little details with the stamps and twine. :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook