Damask Divas October Blog Hop - Laughing Lola Paperpack

9/30/2013

Hi Everyone!
Welcome to this month's Damask Diva's Blog hop!

“If you came from Cydney Fowler Creations, you are in the right place.  If you have jumped here and just discovered our blog hop, feel free to check the list at Damask Divas blog to find the complete list of blog hop participants.”


This month we are featuring the Laughing Lola Paperpack.  I love the purple tones in the paperpack.   I have been using them in some of my fall themed cards and other projects as well.

Here is a small journaling card I created using one of the B&T papers from the laughing lola paperpack.  I really love this purple as I think it really complements any fall themed card or layout.


To create the trees, I used the Cityscape stamp set.  The Cityscape stamp set is very cute and very versatile and can be used for many different occasions and cards.  

I stamped four main trees and to create the "forest" look, I did some second generation stamping, sometimes even a third.  I stamped the leaves on to the four main trees and then one or two in the background using second generation stamping.  I used some blue chalk to tone down the bright white and make the tree line a little more realistic.  I used some Cocoa card stock to matte my stamped images.  The yellow strip behind the trees is a piece of B&T paper from the Babycakes paperpack.  The phrase is from the Fall Harvest stamp set.
Cocoa, Autumn Terrocotta, Sunset and Honey were used for the ink colors.

Don't forget about October's stamp of the month!
Scandinavian Wishes

I hope you enjoyed your visit and have come across plenty of inspiration along the way.
“The next blog on the list is Amandas Love Manifested. Hope you have a great time on our hop and checking out all the creations using the Laughing Lola Paperpack. If you get lost, just hop on over to Damask Divas Blog for the full list.”  







You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. Love this Tracey! I have been struggling to figure out how to use this stamp set! I love how you used the trees! Think I'll need to try this! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!!! Love how you did the trees! Good job

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for explaining your detail work. it's a real art form.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Card!! Love the stamp you used! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgous! LOVE the 2nd gereration stamping technique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tracy, I LOVE the colors on this with Lola! Amazing combination, and one of my favorite new stamps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWESOME JOB for your card!! Love the 2nd and 3rd generation stamping! Makes your tree scape PERFECT!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like how the purple complements the fall colors in the trees. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just so terrific, makes me want to sit in this little forest and forget everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how the trees really look like they are behind each other! Great use of color too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the card!! Great combination!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the colors! So beautiful and I love how the purple makes the fall colors pop! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook