CTMH September 2013 Stamp of the Month meets Laughing Lola Paper pack

9/24/2013

Hooray for fall!  I am looking forward to the weather cooling down a bit.  I say a bit, because living in San Diego, it doesn't get too cold this time of year, ☺.  I am looking forward to decorating for this season of the year.

I love combining colors that you normally would not think to be used in a certain season, but I love, love, love the color Lagoon right now.  I wanted to use it on a fall themed card, but wasn't sure how I was going to pull it off.  I sat down and played around with a few color combos and decided that the CTMH colors Sunset, Honey and Cocoa went well with Lagoon.  As I was figuring things out, I noticed that the Laughing Lola purple was a nice rich purple color and might help give my card some needed contrast without overdoing it with the "pop" of blue from Lagoon.  

I used the September Stamp of the Month - Poster Tidings, which you can get for only $5.00 with a $50.00 purchase this month.  Don't forget you can also get the "You are My Happy Trio" set for an additional $10.00 with any $50.00 order!  So, yes, you would qualify for both.  To see examples of the "You are my Happy" set, take a peek HERE and just scroll down to the bottom of the post.

Here is my card:

A close up of layers:

To get the different colors of ink on one layer, I did some masking using some spare washi tape.  I figured out how I wanted my colors and for each color I used, I covered up the portions I did not want exposed.  



I dabbed on the color applying ink pad to stamp to ensure good coverage.


Once I had good ink coverage I removed the washi tape and lined up my stamp and stamped the current color I was using.  The one thing I LOVE about My Acrylix® stamps is the ability to line images up without using any extra tools or time!


As you can see I have already done this using the Honey ink and Cocoa ink.


Super easy to line everything up because you can see it!


Of course, at this point, I still had one more color to do. Be sure to clean your stamps well between each ink color.

TIP: when removing pigment ink from your stamp, use a baby wipe.  Works like a charm and does not gunk up your stamp scrubber, ☺.

To finish the card, I trimmed around my stamped image.  I measured it and then cut a matte out of Cocoa card stock that was 1/8" larger than the length and the width of my stamped image.  I stamped the images of the leaves using Cocoa ink and stamped one on Honey card stock and the other on Sunset card stock and cut each one out using my micro tip scissors.  I used some foam tape to pop up the "word" over the leaves and placed everything on a piece of B&T paper from the Laughing Lola paper pack.  That was mounted onto a 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" white card base.









You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Great idea to use washi tape! I've tried with scotch tape and sticky notes--this looks much better. Love your colorful fall card!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook