CTMH Frosted Paper Angels

9/25/2013


I love these angels!  I made some last year and decided to make more this year!  I have also included a s downloadable PDF instruction sheet.  You can find the link at the end of the post.


You will need two strips of paper.  One for the body (2 1/2" x 11") and one for the wings (2 1/2 x 8").
I used paper from the CTMH Frosted paper pack.

You will also need a piece of twine, a bell for the head and some embellishment to place in the center.  I used a heart.

Score each piece of paper lengthwise, every 1/2", then fold.

Using a heavy duty paper punch, punch one hole centered near the end of the folded piece for the body.  Punch another hole at 1 1/2" and centered on the folded piece for the wings.  Place a small brad through the whole. You may have to use a paper piercer or style to aid in spreading out the back portion of the brad.  Make it as flat as possible.



Fan out the secured pieces.



Using a hot glue gun, glue the two pieces together.


The next step is to attach the bell for the head.  I have included a photo of the size and type of jingle bells that I use that fit perfectly.



Next adhere your heart, or embellishment to the area where the body and the wings join.

I chose to use a heart.  The heart I chose is a shape from the Artbooking cartridge.  I have included a short video explaining how I altered the chosen shape in Cricut Craft Room to cut the shape and size heart I desired.



NOTE:  In the video I mention that you can not populate the entire page without copy/paste, however, yes you can!  I don't know how I missed it, but on the left sidebar, there is an option to autofill the width and the height with your shapes!  No need to cut and paste to fill the page!
To give the heart, or embellishment, a little extra dimension.  Apply Liquid Glass and let it dry for about 24 hours before using.

After you have added your heart, slip some twine through the hole at the top of the bell and you are all finished!


IF you would like a brief PDF instruction sheet, just click on the picture above to download the file.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I loved the heart and the liquid glass. It makes the heart so much more then just a paper heart. I have not used the craft room much but I used my Gypsy and I can flip items on the gypsy to save paper. Can you do that in craft room?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judy, yes you can flip, rotate and skew images using Cricut Craft Room. I imagine some of the things you can do are very similar to using the Gypsy. I don't have one, as I just got my Cricut in July, :)

      Delete
  2. I loved the heart and the liquid glass. It makes the heart so much more then just a paper heart. I have not used the craft room much but I used my Gypsy and I can flip items on the gypsy to save paper. Can you do that in craft room?

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook